Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Thanksgiving table, handmade napkins, and appitizers

Ever since moving to Saint Louis where we have such a wonderful fall season I've been inspired by nature.  Ella helped me collect all the acorns and gumballs. Mom helped me put together the place cards.  It was a group effort.

I love the fabric for these napkins I made.  I wanted something on the table that didn't scream TURKEY day so I could reuse them.  I made the napkins double sided with chocolate brown on the back.  It's a fun and fast way to dress up a table. 



I love using all my different style plates to set the table.  There is something so pretty about it being eclectic! 

 If you ever have a party to go to and have made some homemade dip this is the best addition that is so easy and looks so fancy.  Just buy different colored flour tortillas (I used Jalapeno, Spinach, and Sun dried tomatoes flavored tortillas), use any style cookie cutter to press the shapes into the tortilla.  Next place all cut shapes flat on a cookie sheet.  Brush olive oil over both sides of shapes, sprinkle with kosher salt and dried rosemary.  Bake in preheated oven at 350 until crispy.  You will need to flip them over about half way through.  I think mine baked for about 15-20 minutes total.  They make wonderful tasting chips that are perfect for dipping and spreading soft cheese onto.  Enjoy!

This was our Thanksgiving appetizer spread.  We at dinner at 6:00 so we snacked all day on all sorts of great tasting dips, cheeses, boudin, hogs head cheese, and olives. (It was wonderful having the Louisiana foods on the menu- oh how I miss easy access to these foods.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Melissa, you are SOOOOOO creative! Your table looks gorgeous, and so festive! I just love the acorn napkin rings! And the wonderful gumball placecards! Your napkins are beautiful! I wish I had just a thimbleful of your artistic and creative flair!!!
Love, Gramy

Bennett's said...

Thanks Gramy! It's been fun this past year getting back in the artistic groove. It was put on hold for too long.