This year has been a blessing as I look back on 2010. It's had it's ups and downs, but I feel like I've grown so much in this year. Growth in my experience doesn't come unless there are some downs. God has shown me how much he has taken care of this family and continues to give us what we need, when we need it. Seminary has been both such a blessing and also such a battle. There are many days we are tired of school and tired of our tiny apartment. Some days Matt and I are so stressed with life that we could bite each others heads off or the closest child within reach.
I'm thankful for my husband and his incredibly soft heart, my kids who make me laugh and stretch me in ways I didn't think I could be stretched, for my community of friends who have loved me during a rough time, for my church Chesterfield Presbyterian for being a place of refuge in a time of need, for two wonderful counselors that have walked with us this year, for God who tenderly pursues a very hard heart and has never let go, for Covenant Seminary for teaching us what it means to be vulnerable, known, and has taught us to hope again, I am also thankful for forgiveness it heals a lot. God has really given us a wonderful year. I'm eager to see what 2011 holds.
This song is such a beautiful song sung as if God was singing it to me. I love Patty Griffin's gift of writing like a story. I'm going to try to upload it to my song list for you to listen to it if you want.
"Coming Home to Me" by Patty Griffin (feat. Julie Miller - oh how I love her) - Downtown Church album
Anytime you say it with heart
Anytime you're falling apart
When you're washing the sheets
Any stranger you meet
When there's somebody waving goodbye
You're coming home to me, just remember
You're coming home to me
It's a world full of bar rooms and alleys
Of blue nights and red river valleys
When you feel like a shirt and a tie
Or like dirt
Or a lion and no one can see
You're coming home to me, just remember
You're coming home to me
When you get to that place
That's just under the stars
Hanging over the tree
At a quarter to three
When you get there you'll know
That's as far as you go
When you get there you'll see
You were already free
When you get there you'll la la la la la la
When you're lost and you're found
And you're found and you're lost
When you're dancing with no one around
You're coming home to me, just remember
You're coming home to me
Friday, December 31, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
The words of this song are beautiful. I've never heard it before-looking forward to hearing it on your blog. Which, by the way, was just beautiful! You have a wonderful way of expressing yourself. One of the biggest blessings for me this past year has been YOU.
Post a Comment