Thursday, May 13, 2010

It's my burf-day!


Well, tis true...I'm getting old. It's hard to believe that I'm 28 years old. That's two years away from 30. Old. Old. Old. It was a great day to celebrate! Matt let me sleep in until 8:00am. Yep that's really sleeping in when you are 28, I guess. Then he cooked a wonderful breakfast of biscuits, sausage, and fruit. There was only one egg in the house. So guess who got it? ME- The birthday girl! How sweet is that? He also bought me some cool gifts from a little store in downtown Kirkwood called Moonbeams.



Ella went to school that morning and Matt went to study. So Stone and I hung out and caught up on life and cleaning. Yes, when you are a mama who works and goes to school you still have to clean on your day off even if it falls on your birthday. Then when I picked Ella up from school, we went to target for a few exchanges and then I treated myself to a Green Tea Latte from Starbucks. YUMMY! Then with a little bit more of my birthday money, I treated myself to a quarter pounder with cheese and fries. Ella enjoyed her small fry as well until she fell asleep in the van holding a fry mid way. That's classic stuff right there!

I was a little bummed that Matt was going to have to work on my birthday. But thankfully a dear friend, Lindy offered to cook me dinner and hang out at her place for a bit. That was something to redeem my birthday blues. So at 6:00 I walked to her apartment and was greeted by her and her kids as well as our neighbors and their kids. I still didn't really think much of it for some reason. I'm a little slow I guess. But then when Matt walked in from the back patio I was shocked! Then I knew it was a real bonafied surprise party!

Matt made quite possibly the best hamburgers I have ever put into my mouth. Guacamole Burgers with Spicy Chili con Queso! They were amazing! It was such a fun party with friends. The only draw back was we were completely out numbered by children. CHILDREN EVERYWHERE! We had 8 adults and 11 children! It's so fun to be surrounded by such awesome friends!

1 comments:

Becca said...

Awww!!! That's a great birthday!!! Way to go bro!! =)