Monday, October 16, 2006

2 Month check up


This is actually a picture of Ella at 7 weeks when she was in Louisiana (Her first time flying). This is a 5 generation picture... Ella's Great Great Grandmother "Nannie", Her daughter ...Ella's Great Grandmother "Meme", Ella's Granddad, Me and Ella! That doesn't happen often but we have a young family. Ella also has another 5 generation on my Mom's side, but part of the family is in Colorado.

Ella had her 2 month check up on Friday the 13th. She is 11 lbs 8 oz. and is 23 1/2 inches tall! She grew 3 inches in 2 months...talk about some growing pains! She also got her shots...Boo hoo. She did better than I thought. She got one shot in one leg and 2 in the other. She was so happy and then went so sad. I cryed when her face got all red and she started screaming. I was relieved to see that she stopped crying right after I picked her up. She did run a temperature around 100.4 for a few hours and was tired and cranky, but she was fine the next day. She's growing so fast it's crazy.

She's starting to rock more when she's on her tummy. Sometimes I think she's going to roll, but she gets going and stops. As of right now she's sleeping 6-7 hour streches at night. It would be all night for me, but I put her to sleep around 9:00 and Matt and I don't go to sleep until later. So she wakes up around 4:00 am to eat again. It's fine for me because I've gotten used to it and she goes to bed so easy after that. Then she wakes back up at 7:00 hungry again and ready to start the day! I don't mind getting up at 4:00 because it gives Matt and I some time together at night after she goes to sleep.

She's so beautiful and is getting to be much easier to handle as she's gotten past her 2 month mark. I even think she's going to have her daddy's eye lashes (which I'm super excited about).

3 comments:

Charles Ray & Erin Hall said...

I love it!! Give our little pumpkin a sugar for us! Wish we could be there to help her carve her first pumpkin!

meme&poppa said...

meme&poppa say hi, to Ella and her parents. She is beautiful and I wish we could give her a KISS!

al & diann said...

Give her a kiss from her grandparents from Alabama. Let dad help her carve her pumpkin - maybe that is not a good idea. Maybe her mother should carve it instead. (Ha, ha!!)