It was a birthday filled weekend! Ella and I baked one of Matt's favorite cakes on Saturday morning. Carrot Cake is soooooo yummy! The kids are wonderful bowl and spatula lickers. Saturday night Matt had about 10 guys come over for a game of Settlers of Catan and a few rounds of video games ( I was out with a friend for dinner and a concert while the guys did their thing) On Sunday we celebrated as a family with cake and presents right after church AND before lunch! The kids were really excited about that! We ended the birthday with a no kids date to a restaurant called The Scottish Arms in downtown. Sadly because it was a Sunday night we finished dinner fast because the service was so fast. We drove around looking for a coffee shop and all were closed that we came across. So we sadly drove home after being gone for only a mere two hours. Note to self...do not plan a date on a Sunday night, it will be short lived.
On a side note: I've celebrated one whole decade of Matt's birthday's with him. I thought that was pretty cool! Happy Birthday Love!



0 comments:
Post a Comment