Saturday, January 22, 2011

Beauty of Winter

 This is what I get to see from my bedroom window.  We have about 12" of snow and are predicted to maybe get 5" more tomorrow!  It's so fun to get snow.  Such a break and contrast to living in Florida year around.  Although there are many draw backs to living in snow country, and many people hate it, I love the beauty of everything being frozen.  Life seems to slow down when there is snow on the ground, you drink more hot beverages, eat more soups, it invites you to stay in your pj's longer, and it makes you want to cuddle.  If only we had a fireplace. 

 Look at our snow bank. Ok so it's really lame in comparison to anyone who lives north of us.  But still fun.

Completely unrelated to snow, but this is Ella's wonderful creativity in dressing herself the other morning.  She came in my bathroom to inform me she had gotten herself dressed.  She was very proud.  So we decided to not make a big deal about the fact that she didn't match.  Most days she actually knows how to put the right colors together.  I love this picture.  It expresses her charm and spunk perfectly.  Oh how I love her.

0 comments: