Thursday, August 05, 2010

Our sleeping beauty

I couldn't resist capturing this moment. After SEVERAL trips out of her room insisting that she was done with her quiet time I went in her room and she very smartly showed me her clock to prove to me that it was indeed past 2:00 and therefore time for her quiet time to be over.  Unfortunately for her she went into her room later than normal, therefore resulting in a later time for her to be finished.  This is very hard to explain to an almost 4 year old.  No where in our current enforcement of quiet times have we said she has to sleep. Our requirement is that she has to stay in her room and play by herself for one hour and not come out until that hour is over.  This is primarily not for her benefit although it does have it's benefits for her. It is for her parents. It's a chance to not hear a preschooler's CONSTANT motor of the mouth in our ear and it gives us a chance to talk or study for school.  So to assist in her enjoyment of her solitude I put on her cd player for her to listen to some of her music.  I told her I would be back to get her soon.  Then the unexpected happened...it became way too quiet in there.  So this is how I find our sweet sleeping beauty today.  Oh no, I'd never tell her that she still could use a nap every now and then.  Heaven forbid she get the fact that her daddy and I may know what the heck we are doing when we enforce her to have quiet time.  She does look priceless in that dress of hers all sprawled out on her bed.

0 comments: