I'm pooped. We're all pooped. Matt has two more weeks of Hebrew. PRAISE GOD! I have three more weeks of my Spirit, Church, and Last Things class. I have really enjoyed this class, but I've slacked off since having my wisdom teeth out 1.5 weeks ago. Ella had a fever followed by a rash this weekend and Stone started the same thing last night. YAY! I love falling asleep and waking up frequently through out the night even though I can barely think straight. But there is something so sweet about rocking and holding a sick little baby. Stone is so cuddly and he is even more so when he's sick.
Our hopes of taking it easy this summer and developing closer friendships with people around us has not happened quite like we had hoped. We have been able to hang out with friends but not nearly as much as we had hoped. Next summer there will be no classes. I am looking forward to that!
The Bennetts ask for prayer for this up coming semester:
1. For us to figure out the logistics of childcare and that we can work it out so it's affordable for us.
2. I'm going to work two long days a week instead of 3 shorter days. Pray that this schedule works better for us.
3. I'll be taking Stone with me to work on Friday's while Ella is at school. Once her school is out BOTH will be with me until about 3:00. The office is closed so I'll be there by myself. I just hope this works so we both can possibly work at the same time (which means possible more family time together)
4. Matt is considering phasing out of Growlers and looking for something new. He's open to ideas, but it's the bottom line of what he has to make that sadly will dictate what he goes with. Pray for a well paying, flexible job that he'll be interested in and enjoy.
5. Pray for us to continue to push through with another big year of classes. This is Matt's last year of really hard class loads before he is in the home stretch.
6. Pray for quality time to be found in the few moments we have as a family.
7. Pray for direction as we consider and wait for me to possibly be accepted into the Counseling program here. Pray for wisdom as we decide if we can afford it and if the timing is right.
8. This may sound little, but it's so needed. Pray that Matt and I get a date sometime soon. We sure need it!
9. Pray for God to open doors for an internship for Matt. He'll have to do this in the next two years. We are not sure if he'll do one locally or if we'll go somewhere. Pray for direction, networks, and for God to affirm Matt's specific gifting through the internship.
Praise:
1. My wisdom teeth surgery was really intense my Dr. said. My recovery has been hard, but not nearly as hard as the Dr. was expecting me to experience. He was surprised to see me doing so well. So Praise God for that!
2. Ella gets to start a new school this year and we are super excited about it!
3. God has given us a great community and we are thankful for their love and help.
4. Ella has been asking a lot of questions about God, why do some people not love God, etc. It's exciting to talk to her when she's thinking through things. Pray that the Holy Spirit continues to work in her heart.
Tuesday, July 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment